It is time to elect the alternate Kansas delegate for the ASHP House of Delegates (HOD). Kansas has three delegates in in the HOD who represent ASHP members in the state. KCHP facilitates the nomination and election process for the state of Kansas and submits names of the elected delegates to ASHP.
The alternate delegate position is a four year commitment and the term will begin on January 1, 2023
- Year 1: Delegate in Training/Alternate Delegate
- Years 2-4: Active Delegate in ASHP HOD
In the event that an active delegate is unable to participate in any HOD activities, the alternate delegate will be asked to attend in their place.
Call for Nominations Process
- Members may nominate themselves or another ASHP member
- KCHP will verify the nominee’s acceptance of the nomination and request a headshot photo, bio, and personal statement of why they would like to be considered for this position
- A Nominations Committee will meet to develop a slate of nominees for the ballot. This slate will be approved by the KCHP Board of Directors.
- Elections will be held electronically. If an ASHP member does not provide an email address, a paper ballot will be mailed to him/her.
Per ASHP bylaws, delegates must be active ASHP members.
KCHP Policy Committee – All delegates (active and alternate) serve on the KCHP Policy Committee. This committee meets monthly via conference call to discuss ASHP policy issues and prepare for virtual and live HODs.
The following are expectations of Active delegates.
Regional Delegates Conference (RDC)
- Attend an ASHP RDC in late April/early May (each year of the 3-year term)
- Coordinate with other State delegates following the RDC proceedings, as necessary, to gather consensus before attending the June HOD
- Plan out ASHP Summer Meeting discussions regarding policies, such as voting on controversial issues, potential recommendations from the State, etc.
- Surveys of Kansas constituents may be used to determine position on issues as delegates vote on behalf of the state
- Partial travel reimbursement is provided by ASHP & KCHP
- KCHP Spring Meeting – Serve on a panel to present a summary of policies and gain feedback from ASHP members in preparation for the June HOD.
- ASHP Summer Meeting
- Attend the following functions at the ASHP Summer meeting for each year of the three-year term:
- Open Forum
- Delegate Primer on HOD processes (Recommended)
- First Delegate Caucus
- First HOD Meeting
- Delegate Reception
- Second Delegate Caucus
- Second HOD Meeting
- Partial travel reimbursement is provided contingent upon attendance at the RDC as well as the HOD sessions at the Summer meeting
- ASHP Connect – Actively participate in policy discussions on ASHP Connect on the HOD community page on policies
- Virtual House of Delegates - Participate in virtual HOD meetings as scheduled (usually in March and November)
Deadline for nominations is: Friday, December 22nd.
To nominate someone or yourself, click here to fill out the form.